Department of Food and Nutrition, Home Science New Girls Degree College, Indore, India
Received Date: 14/05/2020; Published Date: 12/06/2020
*Corresponding author: Aradhana Dixit, Department of Food and Nutrition, Home Science New Girls Degree College, Indore, India. E-mail: email@example.com
Eat full meals: Two major and two minor in a day. Don’t keep your stomach empty.
Have a balanced diet: you should include food from various food groups.
- Vegetables and Fruits: 70% of your plate should contain colourful vegetables.
- Eat citrus fruits: As they contain vitamin C and it helps to build your immune system. You can have lemons, oranges or which are easily available.
- Have Proteins: Proteins helps to make your cells which helps fight against infection...they are WBCs.
- Indian diet has 40%proteins as compared to recommended. You can add protein supplements which are available in nearby chemist shop. You can have dal one or two calorie. You can have lean meat but avoid fatty meats.
- Fats and oils: lower their intake or restrict them.
- You are in most of the countries in lockdown state so sedentary activity. These may cause your weight increase.
Hydrate yourself: you can have enough fluid either 8 to 10 glasses of water or fluids like weak tea, fresh limes. Avoid sugary drinks. Avoid aerated drinks as they contain lots of sugar.
Develop your immune system:
- By eating right.
- By keeping throat wet. You should avoid dry throat for this you can have a sip of water.
- By not remaining hungry for too long.
- By having enough sunlight as it helps to make vitamin D which strengthens your immune system. You can enjoy sunshine for half an hour to 45 min. This depends on type of climate you live in.
- Do enough exercise as it helps promote general health.
- Wear mask so less chances of viral communication
- Keep social distancing as its being given as guidelines by various countries.
- Follow lockdown as recommended to you.
- Sanitize yourself and wash your hands with soap and water preferably for 20 seconds.
- Keep your washrooms clean and hygienic.
Have enough sleep: You can have warm milk before sleep. This will help you to sleep well. In short it’s the time to:
- Go veggies
- Go colours
- Go nuts
- Go hydrating yourself
Last but not the least follow these too:
- Avoid alcohol and smoking as it depresses your immune system.
- Don't keep stress be happy by having family togetherness. Enjoy with your family.
- Make a balance between WFH and leisure time.
- Don't eat junk food or overcooked food as it destroys most nutrients.
Remember you will have to learn to live with COVID-19 till you have to, So make above as your habit.